Thursday 13 August 2009

Clutter and world peace

A few weeks ago, I blogged about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test I took ten years ago with my teaching staff. My test came out to be ISTP, with S/N and T/F giving very borderline results. (Confused? This might help. But, then again, it might not.)
I took an abridged version of the MBTI test on Facebook tonight. While I take every Facebook quiz application with a grain of salt, and initially resisted taking the test altogether, I wondered how close it would be to my original result. As it turned out: pretty darn close.

This time, my result was INFP - almost exactly the same as I was ten years ago. I wondered what had changed; MBTIs are usually stable as they refer to a natural preference or tendency, rather than learned behaviours. However, being borderline S/N and T/F, I was aware that these could fluctuate either way. I'm still very much introverted and perceiving (and actually quite like it that way). I think age has contributed somewhat; I'm much more inclined to trust my intuition and feelings now than I was in my twenties.

A friend came out with the same result and found a series of posters to describe INFP personality types. Some of them are so accurate that they're almost scary! For those of you who know me, please stop laughing.

Source of images unknown

7 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I'm going to take the test on facebook now. Oh, btw the pictures are hilarious. I think some of them portray my personality as well. I'll let you know what my results are after I take the test.

Sab said...

Hahaha! I want to take the facebook test now! That is hilarious! And some of those pics fit me to a T... the one with the screw... hahaha.

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora e Café Chick!

Sounds a lot of fun!

I too have done similar tests in recent years that showed I'd not changed much since being 'done' in the mid 80s. INTJ (The Scientist) was my result with a border on P.

I've been doing a lot of thinking in recent years, so it's fitting that my recent assessments return INTP (The Thinker).

But that's not implying that scientists don't think!

Catchya later

Random Thoughts said...

Okay I'm taking the facebook version now!

Random Thoughts said...

INTJ (Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Judgment)
[INTJ (Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Judgment)]

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora e Random Thoughts,

ostensibly that puts you in 1 out of 100 people in society. You're one in a hundred!

Catchya later

Juli said...

Wow, the posters are hilarious! So funny.

I agree with you about subtle changes over time. I used to be more T than F, but I now trust and listen to my feelings more.