I had some left-over frozen raspberries from something else I'd made (but will tell you about later ...), so looked for a recipe to use them in. Here it is, modified slightly (of course).
Raspberry and white chocolate muffinsIngredients
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 100g butter, warmed a tiny bit (but not melted)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease or oil spray a 12 muffin tin.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until well combined.
- Add the sugar, milk, egg, raspberries and white chocolate. Mix until just moistened. Spoon into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
I'd like to say that this picture is of my end result, but the muffins went too quickly and before I even thought to get my camera out, there were only two left! Four were given away to my friendly optometrist in exchange for some free contact lenses, and the rest were gobbled up by family.
I'm going through a creative baking binge at the moment and am in the mood for entertaining, so watch this space ...!