The original recipe serves six so I played around with quantities to make just two servings. I used a small casserole dish (~2 cup capacity) and melted the butter directly into it, 'swishing' some up the sides to grease it before mixing the rest of the ingredients in. It seemed to work.
Butterscotch self-saucing puddingIngredients
- 30 g butter
- 1/4 cup (caster) sugar
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup milk
- 15 g butter
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 tablespoon golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in a small casserole dish in the microwave. 'Swish' around the sides of the dish to grease it.
- Add milk, vanilla essence, sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Place butter for sauce in a jug. Pour boiling water over butter and mix. Mix in brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Pour sauce over the back of a spoon on top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until pudding is firm (although it will wobble around in the sauce). Serve with ice cream or cream.
|Butterscotch self-saucing pudding|