Saturday 5 September 2009

Apple blossom

Spring is here and we are enjoying an incredibly beautiful day. The sky is clear and the sun is shining. Daffodils and freesias are popping up around the place; such simple pleasures to enjoy. Today, while out walking, I spotted this little tree in full bloom and happily pulled out my camera. Goal #84 for me is take a photo of apple/cherry blossom in spring and simply savour the moment.

For me, apple blossom characterises the start of spring; winter is officially over, and summer will be along shortly. Apparently we're in for a warm, windy spring this year which makes days like today even more special to cherish.

According to the song, "it's cherry pink and apple blossom white", but I think there are many variations of apple blossom with hints of pink in them, too. I suspect this is one of them.

3 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

Oh how our seasons are half a world apart... I am very happy for your spring, but that does mean that autumn is upon me. We will be picking apples and pumpkins in the upcoming weeks, and the leaves will be changing colors for their glorious colorful display.

But also... OMG Modern Romance was hilarious. The 80's was a very interesting time in music and fashion. LOL

~JarieLyn~ said...

I still love 80's music. That video of Modern Romance is funny though. It looks like they're doing a scene for the Love Boat. haha.

Love your photo.

Happy Spring for you! : )

Sab said...

That is so pretty! And over here, we're gearing up for fall... sigh.