Wednesday 19 November 2008

Give old clothes to charity

For a week of every year, I go through a phase of wanting to purge stuff. Anything will do; clothes, books, 'junk', work stuff, resources, etc. This phase usually lasts for one week, and one week only, often in January (during our summer holidays) and once that week is up, it's back to accumulating 'stuff' again until the next phase hits.

I missed my annual purge this year while I was travelling around the South Island, and simply didn't have the desire for it once I got back and into the swing of things at work. For some bizarre reason, I think I'm about to enter this phase early (or perhaps long overdue). It may be due to my contract not being renewed next year, and me needing to get things in order before I can move on. It's more likely related to the fact that I got to sleep at 5:15am today, after fretting the night away. Either way, I've made a small start on a few of my goals which relate to this 'phase'.

Today, I went through my wardrobe and filled a bag with clothes I no longer wear but are still in really good condition, ready to give away to St Vinnie's. I could probably do better, and may go through my drawers in a bit more depth, but it feels good to have made a start. I've put some items on TradeMe and might even tackle some of my bigger 'sorting' goals soon. But, in the meantime, that's another one done: #88 - Give old clothes to charity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I did that right before we moved.

Kellee said...

I always find it funny how many items I'm now ready to get rid of, somehow managed to survive 2 previous cleanouts, even if it hasn't been worn in 3 years :)

Sab said...

I love a good purge! And way to go on accomplishing another 101! I haven't even looked at my list now in ages... not really since my daughter was born...