This recipe for 7 grain bread came from a colleague who frequently bakes his own bread. We swapped success stories; I passed on the busy people's bread recipe in exchange for his one below. It is made in a breadmaker and baked on the medium size whole wheat setting (5 hours in total for Panasonic breadmakers). It has a few less conventional ingredients that you can buy from places like Bin Inn or in some supermarket bulk bins. They combine well to add to the overall taste and texture.
7 grain breadIngredients
- 2 1/2 t Surebake yeast
- 210 g high grade flour
- 105 g wholemeal flour
- 45 g 7 grain (or 5 grain) mix
- 1 t sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2 T cornmeal (fine or medium grade)
- 1 T gluten flour
- 1 T milk powder
- 1 T sunflower seeds
- 1 T pumpkin seeds
- 1 T Canola or sunflower oil
- 220 ml tepid water
- Add ingredients in the order listed above (or following manufacturer's instructions) to breadmaker pan.
- Set to whole wheat > bake > medium loaf size. Cycle will take 5 hours.
- Leave in bread pan for 5 mins once cooked then turn out onto wire rack to cool.
|7 grain medium sized loaf|
|Nothing smells or tastes better than freshly baked bread|