Wednesday 5 May 2010

Swinging

For as long as I can remember, my favourite piece of playground equipment has been swings. There's nothing quite like rocking back and forth, closing your eyes, and swinging high into the air. Sure, slides can be fun, roundabouts can provide a few thrills, but seesaws are hugely reliant on having someone to play with - and then, it has to be the right person to play with. (As a child, I spent most of my seesaw days high in the air, with Mum or Dad trying to push my side down so my brother could get off the ground. It loses its appeal pretty quickly.)

While out for a walk this morning, these swings beckoned. The whole playground was empty. The sun was shining. I couldn't resist.

Irresistible!
Another activity from my 101 in 1001 done: #37 - Swing on park swings. How could something so simple and enjoyable have taken me so long to do?

1 comment:

Sab said...

Funny how the simple things get lost in our to-do lists. I have so many simple things I'd love to do... and yet I don't do them.

I love swings. They were always a playground fave for me as a child.