I filled a few with strawberry jam purely for the sake of convenience and we ate the rest of them unfilled but I think they would taste great with butter or lemon flavoured icing.
- 200 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- butter icing or raspberry jam for filling
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Mix into creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Roll dough into small balls the size of large marbles and place on a greased oven tray. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool and sandwich two biscuits together with butter icing or raspberry jam. Makes 16.