Sunday 7 September 2008

Spring flowers

In Christchurch on Thursday and Friday, I noticed that thousands of daffodils had been planted around the perimeter of Hagley Park in the city, and they were on their way towards blooming. Christchurch is known as the Garden City of New Zealand and there are scores of beautiful gardens in and around the city. It was lovely to see the spring flowers starting to bloom through all the cold and rain.

I went looking for daffodils to buy last Monday on the first day of spring, but couldn't quite find any ready for blooming. Today, back in Wellington, it is a gorgeous spring day and I've just been for a walk in the sun. Along the way, I saw buckets of daffodils for sale, and that meets goal #93 - Buy daffodils/freesias just because it's spring. I'll go hunting for freesias another time.


I also bought a discounted copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today, in preparation for goal #67, which I am really looking forward to starting.

3 comments:

Sab said...

Ooh! Daffodils are so pretty! I love them! It's fall here now, so I'll have to wait till next spring to get some.

Donna said...

Those are just beautiful!!!

Let us know how you like Harry Potter!

Evelyn said...

Ah, as it's almost Fall here, I'm thrilled to think of you enjoying daffodils!