Thursday 24 July 2008

Use reusable shopping bags at the supermarket

Goal #96 - use reusable shopping bags at the supermarket. This is something I've intended to do for a long time. I'm quite good at saying "no thanks, I don't need a bag" and carrying bundles of stuff in my arms, or grabbing a box at the supermarket. I knew I had some reusable bags 'somewhere' and had this goal in italics for a while because I'd found one and was looking for the other two, and then found them but needed to put them in my car ... you get the picture. I guess this denotes progress.

Today, though, I remembered to take a bag out of the car and haul my stuff inside it around the supermarket. Hurray for small steps and being just a tiny bit green! I need to keep doing this now to develop it as a habit, but in the meantime, another goal achieved. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on acheiving ur goal.Thankx 4 the dot on my blog!! ya blog is really cool :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're really doing your list as well...I've been trying to do without plastic bags for a few years now, though not always successfully. When I forget my reusable bags in the car, I end up juggling all of my items in an attempt not to take a bag. I think San Francisco has put a ban on plastic bags for certain size stores...and hopefully Los Angeles will follow suit. Fun blog you've got here, btw.

Latharia said...

Thanks for visiting our blog...and bravo on going more green! We are also trying very hard to reduce our "plastic footprint"!! My mom-in-law got me 2 bags last Christmas that are quite compact, and stylish, and I now keep one in my car all the time!

Melanie Dickens said...

Very cool list. I absolutely loved this idea and it's not as easy as it sounds. Have fun accomplishing your goals.

Sab said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I like your 101 list, and this one in particular. I wish I would have thought of it when coming up with mine, lol. We recently purchased 3 "green" bags and are trying to use them regularly as well... I hang them by the door so I'll remember them on shopping day. Before that we just reused plastic bags and I'd stick them in my purse.