Continental apple sliceIngredients
- 25 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 (green) apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (extra)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 25 cm x 30 cm baking tin.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and baking soda. Beat well.
- Gradually fold in flour. Pour into baking tin.
- Arrange apple slices on top. Combine walnuts, extra sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool in tin. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Makes approximately 36.
|Continental apple slice|