- 4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 300 ml cream
- 300 ml lemonade or soda water
- 1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well. Pour the cream and lemonade or soda water into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured bench. Dust lightly with flour and gently roll out into a rectangle. Cup or shape into approximately 12 pieces and lift each onto the baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool inside a clean tea towel to help keep their freshness.