I tried it out by turning my iPhone onto shuffle and entering in the next two artists. It took 19 songs to get from Rosemary Clooney (don't ask) to Al Green. Wow!
Give it a try! Enter your favourite artists or the two most random ones you can think of. Don't just think about the difference in years between the artists; genre, instrumentation, country and so-called 'popularity' all produce varied results. I had some fun with these combinations:
- Tom Petty --> Adele in 16 songs. (That surprised me.)
- Chuck Berry --> Cyndi Lauper in 14 songs
- The Who --> Sinead O'Connor in 9 songs
- Patti Page --> Rammstein took a bit longer with 26 songs.
- Prince --> The Hollies in 10 songs
- Split Enz --> Diana Ross in 11 songs
- The Pogues --> Fiona Apple in 11 songs