Here we are at the start of the eighth month of 2012. How the year has flown! We are just one month away from my favourite season, spring, and I saw daffodils and freesias in the supermarket today as early teasers that we don't have too much longer to wait until the weather improves. Reflecting after a family bereavement this week, I can see there are lots of exciting big and little things going on at the moment for me and those around me. Life is good - remember to enjoy every moment you can, for you never know when it will be your last.
Things I'm loving right now:
- The paddle attachment on my Kenwood mixer. Is there anything it can't do?
- Everything Kindle - the way to read.
- Knives - sharp ones. So very practical. So very satisfying.
- The Olympic Games, where I get to be a judge awarding points and deducting penalties in sports I know nothing about, all from the comfort of my armchair.
- Baking, baking and more baking. I agree that baking is therapeutic. I'm sure those who get to sample my kitchen creations are also happy with this addiction of mine.
- Early birthday presents, especially when they come from The Chocolate Story. Nom!
- Brunch with friends. It is fast becoming my favourite meal of the day.
- Birds singing in the trees - even the one that sounds like a car alarm.