- 3 teaspoons Surebake yeast
- 450 grams high-grade flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- 300 ml water
- Place ingredients in the pan of the breadmaker in the above order. Select the pizza cycle (for Panasonic machines) and start. This is a 45 minute cycle.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board or bench. Cover with a large bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes. [Sometimes I'm lazy and just leave it in the breadmaker for a bit longer once the cycle has finished. It seems to work.]
- Shape into a flat circle and place on a baking tray. [I line my tray with baking paper, which makes it easier to clean up.] Make holes with the end of a wooden spoon 5 cm apart all over the surface of the dough.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place (30-35°C) for 20-30 minutes or until almost doubled in size. [I use the proof dough setting on my oven, which keeps the temperature at a consistent 30°C.]
- Brush surface with olive oil and sprinkle with crushed sea salt, basil, rosemary and thyme.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210°C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
|Focaccia fresh out of the oven|