The original recipe comes from Gran's Sweet Pantry and is three times this size so I have written it out with adjusted measurements. A single recipe will easily ice a standard cake. A double mixture will also fill it with some left over. A triple mixture means there is plenty to ice a cake, give away to other bakers and still have some left in the fridge. You can use any flavour powder (such as the Fresh As freeze dried ingredients range) or essence. I've topped lemon cake and banana cupcakes with raspberry marshmallow frosting with great results.
Raspberry marshmallow frosting (aka sticky icing)Ingredients
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ tablespoon flavoured powder (or essence)
- 170 g sugar
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Whisk the egg white, cream of tartar, flavour and sugar together slowly in a mixer.
- When fully combined, pour the boiling water in while still mixing slowly.
- Turn the mixer up to a higher speed and whip until soft peaks form. Leave to cool before frosting cake or cupcakes.
|Raspberry marshmallow frosting|
aka sticky icing