Pear, walnut and banana loafIngredients
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fine chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 21 cm x 8 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flours, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, oil and milk. Fold into flour mixture until combined then gently fold in pear.
- Spoon into prepared tin. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts and sprinkle over mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in tin before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
|Pear, walnut and cinnamon loaf|