Tuesday 30 June 2015

Merino clothing

I've always been one to feel the cold. Growing up, I was the one dressed in so many layers that I'd practically bounce if I had the misfortune to fall over - and still be cold. I learned from a young age to wear layers of clothing. Lots of them. I looked like I was ready to hit the slopes, even though I wouldn't even see snow for another couple of decades. I'd look at friends going out in the middle of winter with just a thin shirt under their school uniform and maybe their school jersey if they were forced to by their parents, whereas I had to wear several layers under my uniform and keep my legs warm with thick tights. How did they not freeze?

Things are a little better now that I'm older but I still feel the cold. My wardrobe still features endless layers of clothing that can be mixed and matched - with one main difference. Merino clothing is now my layering material of choice. It is thin, light, breathable and can be doubled or tripled up without me ending up looking like an overstuffed snowman. It doesn't need to be expensive either. I've stocked up on several basic pieces from Glassons and The Warehouse at a cost of around $20-25 each and am wearing them continuously lately. I wish I'd started doing it years ago! Without a doubt, Merino clothing is absolutely one of #myfavouritethings this winter.

1 comment:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I've always been one to wear lots of layers too. I do not like being cold at all. Thanks for the recommendation.