Thursday 21 February 2008

To blog or not to blog?

I maintained a 'serious' blog in a former life. I had grandiose ideas about how it would help my personal reflective practice and that I would have philosophical debates with others about important issues in my career field, and this would ultimately help my own professional development and learning blah blah blah.

Geez, it was hard work.

Don't underestimate the time it takes to blog regularly on 'serious' topics. I think they are a great idea and enjoyed my time as a 'serious' blogger. The benefits are many, but I'm also realistic about the time I have to spare on a regular basis to undertake this process. I guess I'll eventually try and get back into the routine of blogging 'seriously'. It just might not be soon.

So now I'm happy to be self-indulgent, blogging when and if I feel like it about whatever topic takes my fancy ... and I love it! Occasionally I am tempted to blog 'seriously' again, and I'm hiding the shadows at work and hoping they won't notice that I haven't yet activated my blog account, but I'm sure I'll get over it. It's much more fun being a Café Chick.

No comments: