Monday 26 July 2010

101 in 1001 project update

I'm moving along with my 101 in 1001 project. Unlike my Project 365, I have really enjoyed having an ongoing list of activities to look forward to and work towards completing. On 29 March, I realised I had one year to go and posted a round-up of my progress. Apart from one or two, they are all the same as the ones I set myself right at the beginning of the project. As of today, I have completed 61 goals, 12 ongoing goals are on their way, and I have plans for some more of the 'extras' in the upcoming months.

A couple of my activities are a bit out of my control; they are dependent on others and I can only do so much to move towards achieving them. One of these is getting my new band going - I'm ready (and keen), but it's hard to co-ordinate practice time with the schedules of our other two members. It also means that there's no point in me developing a band website yet until we have something to promote. Therefore, I'm going to put this on the backburner for another year or so.

Instead, I am in the process of setting up a ukulele orchestra and have decided to replace my two band goals with this:
17.  Start a ukulele orchestra
18.  Create ukulele orchestra wiki

We have begun, establishing a ukulele orchestra for beginners and other enthusiasts at our workplace. We have ten members so far and our numbers are growing! I've started a draft wiki and am developing it during spare moments and lunch times. Apart from being more manageable (and realistic) than establishing our band, it is soooooo much fun!

2 comments:

Alli said...

A Ukulele orchestra sounds like a LOT of fun! I don't think I've ever heard a ukulele played in real life. Great job on your 101!

Sab said...

Oh, that does sound fun! My dad had a ukelele and I remember always thinking it was a mini guitar for kids... until he would say it wasn't for kids, haha.

I need to post about my 101 list again soon!