Busy times. (Aren't they always?) We have had a lot going on lately, both socially and in terms of things to get done. I've missed baking regularly in recent times but have decided to remedy that with a baking bonanza. We have a few events coming up that require bringing a plate, and I'm going to put on a morning tea shout at work on Friday. Here's what I have been baking, and what I plan to bake in the next wee while:
- sultana cake - I made two of these last weekend to bring as plates for various events.
- hummingbird cupcakes with cream cheese frosting - I had planned to make these last weekend but didn't realise I needed four over-ripe bananas to go with the coconut and pineapple. Doh! Instead, they will be part of a workplace shout on Friday morning.
- chocolate chip cookies - These were a great backup plan on Saturday when I discovered I had no way of over-ripening four bananas in just 20 minutes.
- caramel slice - Recipe courtesy of 3rd Gen. I'm assured it's quick and easy - it will be added to Friday's workplace shout.
- dark chocolate and orange cupcakes with dark chocolate ganache fudge pieces - Aiming for extravagance here. I have come across a simple recipe for dark chocolate ganache which I'm keen to try and will see if it works as a decoration over dark chocolate ganache frosting.