The method is pretty much standard but I found that I needed to press the cornflakes into the mixture during the final stage as rolling them had no effect. I got 22 biscuits from this batch which means that my 'rolling' must be getting better. ;-)
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons custard powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallised ginger
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour and custard powder together. Mix into creamed mixture. Mix in chopped ginger.
- Roll tablespoonsful of mixture into balls. Roll in cornflakes. Place on a greased oven tray. Flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 25.