The yield for this recipe is much higher than the cookbook says. I was determined not to make the same mistake as with my hokey pokey pancake biscuits so carefully measured out the mixture with a tablespoon but still ended up with 30 large biscuits instead of the 20 medium sized peanut brownies I was expecting. Bonus!
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and husked
- Cream butter and sugar unti light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together. Mix into creamed mixture. Add cold peanuts and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonsful of mixture into balls. Place on greased oven trays. Flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until cooked. Makes 20 (or 30).