Double chocolate uncooked sliceIngredients
- 200 g packet chocolate thin biscuits or other plain biscuits if preferred
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Whittaker's 50% dark chocolate)
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or in a plastic bag until coarse crumbs.
- Heat the butter, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients, until the butter melts. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the biscuit crumbs and mix to combine.
- Spread into a 16 cm square cake tin that has been lined with baking paper to cover the bottom and come up over two sides. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir then continue to microwave for 10 second bursts until the chocolate has melted. Alternatively, melt over hot water. Pour over the slice and spread to the edges.
- When the chocolate has started to set, cut the slice into 4 cm squares or 2 x 4 cm oblongs. Store in the fridge. Makes 16/32 pieces.
|Double chocolate uncooked slice|