The coconut flavour is subtle and the aroma was most noticeable when cooking. You can add as much orange rind (or a few drops of orange juice) as you like according to taste.
Coconut orange pikeletsIngredients
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ~3/4 cup coconut milk
- grated rind of half an orange
- Whisk together the egg and sugar.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternately add flour and milk to the egg and mix well until you have a smooth, slightly runny mixture. Grate in rind of half an orange and mix well. Add more milk if required.
- Cook dessertspoonfuls of mixture in a non-stick frypan over a medium-low heat. (I spray the pan first with canola spray but you could also melt a little butter.) Flip when air bubbles start to appear on top and cook the other side. Makes about 30.
|Coconut orange pikelets|