After only a few days at the bus stop, I have already begun to notice some patterns emerging and repeated behaviour. Here's what happens at my bus stop in the mornings:
- The 7:31 am bus never comes before 7:40 am. However, when it does finally arrive, it takes a much faster route into the city (as I discovered this morning).
- A police car pulls up parallel to the bus stop, then reverses into the adjacent driveway. I thought this was really strange the first time I saw it.
- A man walks past the bus stop, looks at the people standing there, then continues down the street.
- A teenage girl arrives, simultaneously glued to her cell phone and her iPod.
- A woman arrives from the left as though she is entering a fashion show. She could easily have spent at least half an hour on her hair already.
- Two women meet up from different directions and chat politely. They don't seem to know each other particularly well. Perhaps they work in the same building, and coincidentally catch the same bus there, so feel it necessary?
- A middle-aged man drops off his wife and gives her a goodbye kiss.
- A father drops off his teenage daughter, who has a cast on her broken leg and hobbles out of the car on crutches.