Saturday 29 November 2008

Café Chick turns 1!

It's been a year since Café Chick started blogging. On 28 November 2007, in a moment of weakness, I set up a blank canvas and wondered what I could write about, and whether I'd be able to maintain anything I started. Still slightly hungover from the pressures of blogging in my professional life, I decided this blog would be different: totally self-indulgent, and simply about things I like, dislike, or just felt like blogging about. And so, Tales from a Café Chick was born and Café Chick said hi.

During this past year, coffee buddies have come and gone; some pop in for the occasional sip, while others regularly join me for virtual coffee dates. I started my 101 in 1001 project and have enjoyed connecting with others also working towards achieving their lists of goals. Tales from a Café Chick has found an international audience, and I have never failed to get excited by the buzz from finding another little red dot appear on my Clustr map. Here's how my map looked at the end of last week:


The map was archived over the weekend; my lovely little red dots have all disappeared and now I have a blank slate once again. It's the start of a new blogging year. I hope you will continue to join me on my blogging journey and help repopulate my Clustr map. It's been great to have your company, and to also get to know so many others all around the world via glimpses into your own blogging lives. Here's to the blogosphere - long may it continue to connect people around the globe!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

I love reading your blog; it's so varied and interesting and more than a little inspiring.

Congrats on the one year milestone!

Kelly said...

Ms Cafe Chick, I would like to invite you to read my personal, invite only blog as well but to do so I need an email address. If you would like to read thewellwrittenkitty.blogspot.com please email me at fairytonic@inspire.net.nz Thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow, happy anniversary!!! I enjoy reading your blog!

Bethany said...

I was telling my friend the other day "There is this blog I read where I hear the COOLEST things." I went on to tell her about the most recent cool thing which is the link you added to the cross stitch company you like (Mirabilia). What amazing things they have!!

Thank you so much for sharing your time and energy with all of us! Happy Blogiversary!!

Kellee said...

Happy Blogiversary from me too!! I think I check your blog as much as I check my own :)

Latharia said...

Happy blogging birthday!!!

Sab said...

Wow! One year! I'm sending you some virtual cake!

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Tēnā koe Angela!

Now I've found your blog, I can catch up on your posts - looks very interesting - and a belated congratulations on blogging for a year.

You're 6 months ahead of me. I've got you in my RSS, so I your posts won't be going past me any more :-)

Catchya later