Signs that summer is almost here:
- I can safely wear 3/4 pants and short sleeve tops all day without worrying if the 5 spare layers of clothing I have brought with me will be enough to be keep me warm later in the day.
- My straw sunhat gradually becomes an essential item of clothing.
- White limbs are everywhere you look. Some are practically translucent!
- 50+ women proudly put their cankles on display. (I'll never understand this one.)
- Barbeques become the most commonly planned meal, even for those of us who are only just barbeque-tolerant.
- Days no longer end as soon as I arrive home from work. In fact, it's almost like there's still another half a day to go before bedtime. Bonus!
- Jandals become uniform footwear.
- Gelato becames my preferred means for ingesting calcium and dairy products.
- Strawberries and other summer fruits start appearing in shops and gardens.
- Lawnmowers and weedeaters provide the soundtrack during daylight hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
- I can get 17 loads of washing done and dried outside in a single day. *
* Actual numbers may vary, but you get the point.