One of the best things about baking biscuits is eating raw dough. How is possible to taste so good? I must have eaten the equivalent of a full afghan in mixture alone. Yum! So, how big is a 'mound' of mixture? Certainly smaller than the ones I made - I ended up with 15 medium sized afghans (plus the raw one I ate), meaning that we'll only eat them one at a time instead of two at once. Yeah, right!
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups cornflakes
- chocolate icing
- walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and cocoa. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cornflakes.
- Spoon mounds of mixture onto a greased oven tray, gently pressing together.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until set.
- When cold, ice with chocolate icing and decorate with a walnut (if desired). Makes 24.