The hokey pokey biscuits recipe is incredibly simple to make and smells delicious in the oven. I rolled my dough balls way too big and made 15 large biscuits (closer in size to cookies) that expanded into each other and went flat ... oops! You definitely don't need to grease the tray before putting the biscuits into the oven as there is enough butter already in the mixture for this. "Press with a floured fork" is an interesting instruction ... there is no way I could get any flour to stay on the fork! I think the flour is just intended to stop the dough sticking as you press it flat. Also, 15 minutes in my oven made them a dark golden colour so I'd suggest watching them closely as the timer nears the end.
Hokey pokey biscuitsIngredients
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted and mixture nearly boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to lukewarm.
- Sift flour and baking soda together. Add to the cooled mixture. Stir well.
- Roll tablespoonsful of mixture into balls and place on ungreased oven trays. Flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 22.
|Hokey pokey biscuits|