Saturday 21 June 2008

The Muppet Show

The Muppets rock. I grew up on The Muppet Show and never quite grew out of them. This is my phone's wallpaper (on the left).

I have the 25th anniversary collection on my iPod (as well as the original Muppet Show cast album, which had some gems on it that I've yet to find elsewhere). It's also got some extra bits and pieces from the unfortunate Muppet movies, but is always guaranteed to make me smile. The resident band, Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, are outstanding musicians and provided much entertainment and drama. Here is a collection of some of my favourite Muppet Show clips, just because.

The opening theme:



Here's my txt message tone:



My favourite Swedish chef recipe for chocolate moose:



The hugga wugga song:



Mr Bassman (missing from the 25th anniversary album):



"Sax and Violence" - awesome musical improvisation with the most underrated sax solo of all time:



Closing theme - I want this at my funeral (complete with Statler and Waldorf's heckling at the end):


1 comment:

Kelly said...

OMG, you rock! I love the Muppets! I have Miss Piggy as my phone wallpaper! I had a boyfriend when I was 13 who made me a mix tape (oh the 90s,how I love thee!) with Muppet clips in between the songs which I still have...although I know longer have a cassette player.