Sunday 29 June 2008

101 things to do in 1001 days

I came across some posts today where a number of people had set themselves 101 things to do in 1001 days. I guess the premise is simple: compile a list of goals, count 1001 days from now, and work your way through them, ticking them off along the way and sharing your progress via your blog. Kind of a Bucket List (2007), but with the expectation that there's more life after the list is finished. Day Zero is a site to get you started.

I’ve got to say that I’m tempted. I don’t know if I’m bold enough to broadcast my goals to the world at this early stage; the perfectionist in me would prefer to achieve something before announcing it. I also have little idea about what life has in store for me in the next few years, although I suppose that could put me in the ideal position to start this challenge. I wonder, though, whether my attention span could sustain goals for this long; it's been getting shorter and shorter in recent years.

I have, however, worked out that 1001 days from now would take me to 29 March 2011. (This time and date calculator is helpful.)

I'll start putting together some ideas for a list then decide whether or not to go ahead. There is a master list available for you to browse, which looks a bit overwhelming. After doing some searching, I found a group of people who have already started the list and seem to be supporting each other via their blogs:
All the best with your 101 goals, everyone! Will keep you posted if I decide to go ahead ...

2 comments:

May Hoe said...

Wow Ange,
This takes courage and is very inspiring! I am really tempted to follow suit...

Ashley said...

Thanks for wishing me luck! It seems that you've got quite an ambitious list yourself, and I wish you all the best with it!