Wednesday 17 September 2008

A quick catchup

It has been a bleurgh couple of weeks for me. I've been unwell and am really getting tired of feeling this way. So here's a quick update on what's been going on.
  • I started reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I hope to have lots more reading time to achieve goal #67.
  • I missed out on getting tickets to the 2009 rugby sevens in Wellington. There were only 8500 tickets up for grabs and they sold out in ten minutes. :-(
  • A group of us are going to the Asiana Cooking School tomorrow night. We are making musaman curry with coconut and chili rice. I'm looking forward to it. :-)
  • I caught up with a friend earlier in the week. She and her partner were staying at their holiday home last weekend and caught burglars trying to break in while they were sleeping! Scary.
  • I haven't warmed to the new Facebook, but it's here to stay now. And I'm still mourning Scrabulous.
  • The days are getting longer and it's now light in the morning and evening. I can't wait for daylight savings to start in a week or so. It has been extended by three weeks every year now. Summer's coming! :-)
  • Work is really busy (again). Lots of long days and late nights. Glad to be working from home when I'm also sick.
  • That's it! (I think ...)
So, what have you been up to? What's news for you?

5 comments:

Donna said...

You are making great progress yourself!!! I can't wait to hear you're reaction when you Finish Harry Potter!

Keep up the awesome job!!!

Sab said...

I should start working on my 101 again soon.

Sorry you are feeling ill... I hope you feel better real soon. :)

Tam said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love COMMENTS! HOPE you are feeling better. One of the newest things for US here is that THE WIGGLES are coming to Savannah and well I Have to get my 3 yr OLD tickets. SO next Friday MY day stops UNTIL THOSE tickets are secured for HIM...he is a DIEhard wiggles kid....LOL That will be MY week long ASSIGNMENT!

Angela said...

HI! Thanks for your very sweet comments - I really appreciate your kindness, and it's nice to meet you!

I was reading your blog and see you are on FB... I just joined myself, and do not even know what the "new" FB is in relation, but have found most others are like you, and prefer the "old" format... interesting!

Random Thoughts said...

Summer will be ending soon here. Tonight we have a frost warning in effect for most of the region. My fellow workers were warning pick your tomatoes and cover your roses.