Tuesday 25 December 2007

Chocolate truffles

I always make chocolate truffles at Christmas, and this year I was running seriously late, but just couldn't leave it ... so I got up early this morning and got busy. I use an old recipe given to my mother by a family friend many years ago. It makes about 60 truffles, and you can freeze them if you find you've made too many.

Chocolate truffles

Ingredients
  • 250 g wine (plain) biscuits (one pack)
  • 4 T cocoa
  • 4 T coconut
  • 510 g icing sugar
  • 2 t vanilla essence or rum
  • 315 g melted butter
Method
  1. Crush the biscuits using a blender until it makes a fine almost-powder. Mix with dry ingredients.
  2. Add melted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
  3. Roll into small balls and roll in extra coconut.
  4. Place on a flat dish then refrigerate to set for at least an hour before serving.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: