Saturday 28 March 2009

Chocolate Scrabble

I love word games and puzzles, especially Scrabble, and it's no secret that I love chocolate, so what better combination than chocolate Scrabble? My brother and sister-in-law gave me a set for Christmas, and it's been sitting in the fridge ever since, waiting for the right guests to share it with. Tonight, we opened the box.

There is a whole series of chocolate games available, made of fine Belgian chocolate. Scrabble comes with 32 large pieces with double-sided tiles and a simplified board, so it's best to play it with only a few players. We had three couples pitting our skills against each other, and it was good for a few rounds each before we tore into the pieces to get the good stuff. Yummy!

I was shocked to discover that two of our friends had never played the real version of Scrabble before. It took some coercion to explain which moves were allowed, how double and triple letter/word scores worked (ie you can only use each one once), and which exceptions we'd all be prepared to accept. Hilarious!

And so here is the result from our first game:


We followed up this game with a round of 'rude word Scrabble'. I won't elaborate, but you get double points if you can use the word in a sentence. ;-)

We are having a games night at Easter, so I might break out the real version with our friends. And, of course, there will be lots of chocolate to go with it. :-D

1 comment:

Sab said...

Mmmm... that is one scrabble game I may actually play! Or not, depending on if I get hungry first... hahaha