Sunday 8 March 2009

Girls' night out

We had a great night out on the town last night, just us girls. No boys allowed! Nine of us went out for a dinner at fantastic new restaurant, New Orleans. It's only been open about six weeks and already is making a name for itself. With an up-market beach theme, the atmosphere was enhanced with a jazz trio playing. Apparently it turns into a night club later in the evening, but we had moved on by then. Next stop, it was dancing at Madame Jo Jo's club in The Temperance. Other friends and groups joined us during the night including, alas, some boys.

Some observations from tonight:
  • Girls can have a fantastic time out on their own without guys. Some of our group were newly single and wanting to experience 'life after the boy'; what better way to get back into things than with a group of girls?

  • Guys seem to think we spend the whole night talking about them, or wanting them, or both. We don't - we're just fine, thanks! ;-)

  • Guys also seem to think that a group of girls out on their own for a night means that we're just waiting for them to show up and impress us with their drunk dancing, then ride off into the night with them. Unlikely, fellas!

  • I'm officially old. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. My sweetie is away this weekend, but I was looking forward to girls' night, so decided to go for a while but have an early night. I was txting my sweetie goodnight and saying that I wasn't feeling great, and he replied with "Well you did say you were not going to stay long and it is almost 11 now." Almost 11? When did that become a late night? For someone who used to work through the night and say out until the sun was rising, it was a shock to realise that 11pm was now 'late' for me. For the record, I lasted until 1am, then couldn't get to my car quickly enough ...!

  • Thankfully, I'm not the only one who seems to be over the whole clubbing scene. Some of my younger, funkier, and single friends also expressed this. Maybe there's hope for me yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're getting old at all. We just know better now! ;) I'm glad you had a good time. It's always fun to have a girls night out!

Sab said...

A night out with the girls sounds great! And I agree... I find 11 late now too! It's funny how that happens.