Monday 16 March 2009

That's all my news

A few years back, I got an email from a friend I hadn't seen in a while. It was a general catchup email, but was particularly notable for its brevity. It went something like this:

Hey
How's it going? Haven't seen you in ages. What have you been up to?
We've been really busy.
Our refrigerator ran out of gas and we had to get it refilled. I didn't even know fridges needed gas!
Hmm, that's all my news. Quite sad, really!
Love ZMB
I've had a refrigerator-gas-filling few days; I've been busy, but don't really have much to show for it. And it's been great! After going out dancing on Friday night, we had a quiet, relaxing weekend. We slept in, watched a couple of trashy movies, went for a bike ride in the sun, went to the supermarket, did some washing, and just hung out and 'did stuff'.

I bought some second-hand chocolate moulds and fillings for making chocolates later this week, sent a friend a 'happy birthday' txt, signed up for a cool cupcake decorating course (which starts on Tuesday evening), and found out today that I'd won tickets to a great play one night this week. (The competition junkie is on a roll!) But that's it; I haven't actually done anything yet!

That's all my news.

What's news for you? Did your refrigerator run out of gas, or did something else equally mundane become the highlight of your weekend?

3 comments:

Kellee said...

The Boy went fishing...but I slept in. I read 150 pages of a book...but didn't finish it. Went to the pub to watch the footy, but were losing, so left before then end...I really didn't do anything.

That's all my news.

Sab said...

I went shopping and bought stuff... which is a big deal for me, and I went for a walk outside... it was a balmy +10C! It's finally spring! The snow is melting like crazy.

Random Thoughts said...

Hey Cafe Chick

How have you been> I have been really busy with school work. The semester is only half over and I have a lot of work left to do. The weather is getting warm here, I can hardly wait to ride my bicycle, but I am so busy, I just do homework. I did homework on the porch yesterday, it was nice. That's about all here. Glad to have caught up with you.

Random Thoughts!