Saturday 22 January 2011

One week off

For those of us living in Wellington, we have the luxury of a long weekend with Monday being Wellington Anniversary Day. Having had a somewhat shortened break over Christmas and New Year, I am going to extend this luxury by having a full week off work. After two weeks back in the job, I'm already ready for a break.

So, what to do when my sweetie and I have a week off with no definite commitments other than the usual household chores and a few other errands? Here's what I'm thinking:
  • Read a book or two.
  • Sew, sew, sew (embroidery).
  • Drink coffee.
  • Play a few rounds of mini-golf.
  • Play with my nephew. He's nearly 3 and entirely gorgeous!
  • Visit Somes Island (weather permitting).
  • Buy a ninja costume for the sevens weekend.
  • Make some flowers out of gum paste to decorate cupcakes with.
  • Have a massage.
  • Get a haircut and get a real job. Seriously, the honeymoon is definitely over at work and, while I'd like to stay there and put some projects into action, it doesn't hurt to see what else is around.
  • Organise my recipes and baking gear for once and for all.
  • Investigate buying either a bread maker, a food processor or a set of good kitchen knives (or all three) to spend my 101 in 1001 money on.
  • Lie in my hammock.
Sounds like a plan? Absolutely!

4 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

I need to start a new 1001... I deleted my other. With my life completely changing I needed to change even that.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun week! is your 101 complete already? i started another one in december and have already marked a few things off!

Alli said...

Nice on 101. :) Thanks again for that inspiration. Can I just say that I love that you need to buy a ninja outfit?

Donna said...

This sounds like a fabulous plan!!!