Saturday 20 June 2009

Pancakes for breakfast

My sweetie looooooves pancakes. He is a self-declared expert on all things pancake-related and holds a unanimous opinion about almost all the pancakes we eat out: they are almost never as good as the ones he makes at home. Pancakes in Paradise on the Gold Coast got the thumbs up, but apparently the quality of their maple syrup wasn't up to scratch.

Here is my sweetie's pancake recipe, which we made this morning for breakfast. Add lots of maple syrup and you're away!

Sweetie's pancakes

Ingredients
  • 50g butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (or 1 teaspoon of baking powder to each cup of flour)
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
Method
  1. Add all ingredients together in the order listed.
  2. Beat with a whisk just until no longer lumpy (but don't over beat).
  3. Then cook in pan (easy as that!).

5 comments:

Clueless in Boston said...

My favorite, healthy and delicious, recipe for pancake/waffle batter is as follows:

1 tbsp. oil
2 egg whites
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup yogurt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix wet first, then add dry and mix. Enjoy with pure maple syrup.

Julie said...

I usually add cinnamon to my batter.

Caffeinated Weka said...

Thanks for your recipe/tweak. I haven't tried adding cinnamon to pancakes, and yoghurt looks like it would add moisture to an already yummy recipe. :-) I'd like to have a go at making real buttermilk pancakes one day - the result is always so light and fluffy.

Tammie Lee said...

Thank you for the recipe. I don't have a favorite recipe right now, or I would share....
Looks so yummy!

Random Thoughts said...

I had the yummiest flavor of pancake yet a few weeks ago. They were from a Maple Barn/Restaurant near my home. I don't know how they made them, but once my classes are done, I plan to try, Raspberry pancakes, but the raspberry were throughout, not just plunked in. OH SO GOOD!