Wednesday 10 June 2009

Sultana slice

"Let the baking binge begin!"

I am catering for a family function this weekend so I get to indulge in a baking binge this week. I am trying three new slice recipes and, of course, baking lots of cupcakes. The slices are all from a recipe book called Easy Slices. Here's hoping the book lives up to its name! The sultana slice I made tonight originally used 1/2 cup each of dates and raisins, but I decided to vary it (of course) and use sultanas instead.

Sultana slice

Ingredients
  • 90 g butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
  • 1 cup sultanas
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a lamington tin (or slice tin).
  2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg. Beat well. Lightly fold in flour, followed by sultanas.
  3. Lightly press mixture into tin using floured fingertips. [Oops - does a spoon count?]
  4. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in tin. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 24 pieces.
Sultana slice

2 comments:

Kavita Saharia said...

Tempting,looks yummy....i love the way house smells when we bake cake....specially when we add cinnamon or nutmeg

Random Thoughts said...

I learned something new....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultana_(grape)

I would buy simply raisins or golden raisins.