Friday 11 July 2008

A song a day

We’ve already established that Café Chick has a short online attention span and is easily entertained by the little things. ;-) (By the way, I love my ever-changing wallpaper; thank you for asking.)

My company works remotely and we use iChat as our instant messaging platform during the day. Just like Skype, MSN and other chat programmes, there is space for a short greeting. I usually rotate through a few of them. None are particular exciting or inspiring:
  • Monday Monday (on ... Mondays)
  • Good morning peoples (mornings, duh)
  • It’s Friday (yay!)
  • It’s nearly Friday ... (Thursday pm)
  • Qui tutto bene! (Italian for “everything is fine” - gets a lot of comments. I have this one up for the rest of the week.)
One Monday, a colleague spotted my usual Monday Monday greeting and asked if everything I do resembles a song. (I’m a muso.) I hadn’t thought of it that way. He asked what my Tuesday song was, then what I’d put up for Wednesday ... get the picture? We wasted a good ten minutes brainstorming via iChat songs that I could use but currently don’t. Time to change my standard greetings, methinks.

So, for no reason at all, I started putting together a list of songs relating to days of the week. Not just any list, though - I have only included songs that are actually on my iPod. Here goes:

Monday
Monday Monday (The Mamas & The Papas)
Manic Monday (The Bangles)
Home On A Monday (Little River Band)
Blue Monday (New Order)
Rainy Days And Mondays (The Carpenters) [Yes, really]

Tuesday
Forever Tuesday Morning (The Mockers)
Ruby Tuesday (Rolling Stones)

Wednesday [This one was tricky]
Wednesday Morning 3AM (Simon & Garfunkel)

Thursday [Great kiwi music]
Outlook For Thursday (DD Smash)

Friday [Yay!]
Friday On My Mind (The Easybeats)
Friday, I’m In Love (The Cure)

Saturday [Lots of choices here. Shame I don’t use iChat for work on a Saturday.]
Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting (Elton John)
Another Saturday Night (Sam Cooke)
Saturday Night At The Movies (The Drifters)
Saturday In The Park (Chicago)
Saturday Night (Cold Chisel)

Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (U2)
Pleasant Valley Sunday (The Monkees)
Sunday Morning (No Doubt)
Sunday Mornings (Maroon 5)

Every day
Lady Madonna (Beatles)

What do you have in your iPod/MP3 player/CD collection that I don’t have here? Don’t’ cheat ... I know there are heaps more songs out there, but what you you actually have? Do share ...

2 comments:

Latharia said...

Great playlist! :) Oh, and about your #83 item ... we did something similar this past weekend...really a fascinating stretch!

Caffeinated Weka said...

To be honest, I'm not sure when or how I'm going to manage #83, especially when I'm supposed to blog about it once I've achieved it! I wonder what withdrawal symptoms I will experience? LOL