Monday 4 August 2008

Logan Brown

Last night, my sweetie surprised me and took me to dinner at Logan Brown. Wow!

A couple of months ago, a friend organised a girls' night out, starting with the bistro menu at Logan Brown. Unfortunately, I was sick and had to cancel at the last minute, so never thought I'd get to blog about this.

Logan Brown is, once again, one of 40 finalists in the Cuisine NZ Restaurant of the Year. With a massive reputation to uphold, Logan Brown is all that. Our mains were a taste sensation. I had the John Dory with Celeriac Puree & Spanner Crab Wonton and a side of Arugala Salad with Pear, Walnuts & Pecorino. My sweetie ordered a medium-rare Prime Awarua Tenderloin, Smoked Rib with Bourbon BBQ Sauce & Buttermilk Onion Rings, with Oven Roasted Portabella Mushrooms on the side. Even though this is a 'big white plate' restaurant, the meal was filling and satisfying, so we forewent dessert.

The environment is stunning, and retaining the features of the old bank which used to occupy the building is a winner. While the service was much less formal than the last time I dined there, it was an incredible dining experience.

Thank you, sweetie - I feel truly spoilt. :-)

No comments: